Wednesday, August 17, 2011

{Ippity} Shine, Shine, Shine!

Hellooo! Happy Wednesday! I can't believe it's already mid-week. We had Open House at the school last night, so afterwards I whipped up this card for today's Ippity post. I just love the vintage lamps in the Shine, Shine, Shine set.

I paired this lamp with some patterned paper from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop line. I stamped my image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bazzill Kraft cardstock and cut it out with Classic Oval Nestabilities. I layered it on a black panel cut out with Scallop Oval Nestabilities.

I stitched around the edges with black thread. I love how the black thread just "pops" off of the blue striped paper. I stamped the sentiment, "it's your time to shine shine shine shine shine" at the bottom and added two black pearls to opposite corners.

I added a sheer, black ribbon and then attached my image panel with foam tape. Last, I used Bisque Liquid Pearls to accent my image panel. I love how the Liquid Pearls just frame the lamp!

Be sure you hop over to Heather's I Heart {ippity} blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has to share with you today. I know they have some awesome creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft, black (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon Thrift Shop
Stamps: Shine, Shine, Shine by Ippity
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: black pearls (want2scrap), Bisque Liquid Pearls, ribbon, foam tape
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities

3 comments:

  1. I love how the black pops too!! outstanding card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candace this is WONDERFUL! You did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)