Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Little Alligator

Hi there!! Happy Thursday! Thank goodness...only two more days until the weekend. :) Thursday means that there's a new release and a new challenge over at Meljen's Designs, so I want to show you these cute new digis! Check out these sweet jungle animals! The little gator reminds me of the show Swamp People on History channel. My family *loves* that show!! This week's challenge is to use black in your card.


I used "Little Alligator" for my card, and I kept it super simple. I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #129.  I colored the little alligator with Copic markers and cut it out with Rectangle Nestabilities. I stamped the "hello" sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink. I used a simple piece of green patterned paper and finished it off with a black ribbon treatment and some Twinkles. Super simple.



Be sure you pop over to the Meljen's Designs blog and see the rest of the awesome inspiration from the Design Team and get the challenge details. While you are there, be sure to notice the amazing new blog layout that Melissa has been working so hard on!! I personally love it! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky
Stamps: Little Alligator by Meljen's Designs, Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: twine (Papertrey Ink), ribbon (Papertrey Ink), button, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Jumbo Scallop border die (My Favorite Things)

1 comment:

  1. SUPER CUTE! I love the design and long shape of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)