Sunday, September 11, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #41

Hi there! I have a card to share with you today that I used absolutely no stamps or ink on. Can you believe it?! I can hardly believe it myself.

This week's Christmas Card Challenge #41 is to make a vintage card. My style isn't normally vintage, but I've had this piece of patterned paper in my stash for several years. It had this gorgeous, vintage Santa on it. I've always wanted to use it, but I never really knew how I could showcase it on a card because it was rather large.  I decided that a square card would work best.

I trimmed out the Santa part and just adhered it to my card. I punched the snowflake border with the Fiskars snowflake border punch. I finished it off with a bow and three pearls at the bottom.

This was such a quick and easy card!! Be sure you pop over to the Christmas Card Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team has to share with you. We'd love to have you play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by!! :)
Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas Holiday Glitter stack 
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), pearls (want2scrap)
Tools: Fiskars snowflake border punch

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! Looks like we had the same idea for the vintage look. lol Great use of the Santa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. This paper works so well for the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)