Sunday, September 18, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #42

Hi there! Happy Sunday!

I have a card for this week's Christmas Card Challenge #42 to share with you today. The challenge is to use the sketch provided on the challenge blog. When I saw the sketch, I knew that this tree from the Sparkle and Cheer set by Taylored Expressions would fit perfectly on the oval panel. I stamped it in Memento Pear Tart for the tree and Memento Rich Cocoa for the trunk. I went around the image panel with Bisque Liquid Pearls. That's a technique that I love, and I'm getting much better at it! At first I was throwing away perfectly colored images! :)

I added the sentiment to the bottom and accented it with pearls. This patterned paper is Twinsel and Twig by The Girl's Paperie. I finished it off with a ribbon treatment with a crocheted flower and some pearls up in the left corner. Oh, and there's lots of sewing on here, too!

That's all for me today, but be sure to hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the sketch and the rest of the inspiration from the design team!

Have a great day! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper:  Tinsel and Twig by The Girls Paperie
Stamps: Sparkle and Cheer by Taylored Expressions 
Ink: Memento Pear Tart, Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Bisque Liquid Pearls, twine, button, crocheted flower, ribbon, pearls, foam tape
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card...love the papers and the details...great inspiration

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the sheepies! Glad you are joining us at CCC this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeks sorry posted wrong comment on wrong blog! too many screens open! This is so pretty.. I need to practice with my liquid pearls and see if I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Candace,
    I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)