Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all!

Hi there! Now that I have my own home to decorate for the holidays, I've been eagerly searching for a fall wreath for the front door. I couldn't find anything I liked, and if I did find something that I kind of liked, it was very expensive! So, I decided to make my own wreath! I love the deco mesh wreaths, and I was able to purchase everything to make my wreath at Hobby Lobby for 50 percent off! Now, I'm not very good at things like this, but I think it turned out pretty good for my first time. I can't wait to make one for Christmas. Here is my fall wreath for our front door! :)


I don't have a tutorial, but the wreath form is just a simple grapevine wreath. I looped the orange deco mesh around the wreath and secured it to the wreath with floral wire. The floral stem was all one piece and I just hot-glued it to my finished wreath. That's great because I never would have been able to figure out how to put all that together in a pretty way. Some of my wire was showing, so I went around the wreath with the brown ribbon to hide the wire, and I really like the touch that gave my wreath. My Mama made the bow at the bottom for me because I have no idea how to make bows like that. I probably need to learn!  

I've seen deco  mesh wreaths sell for anywhere from $50 to $100, and I purchased everything to make my wreath for around $25, and I made it in less than 30 minutes! If I can do it, you can, too! :)

Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)