Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{Ippity} The Lord is My Strength!

Hi there! It's Wednesday, so that means I have an Ippity card with you! I'm pretty late posting it, but it's not quite midnight yet, so better late than never, right? :)

I used the Devoted set by Ippity. I just love using Bible verses on cards because they fit so many different occasions. I made this card with a heavy heart because I am actually using it as a sympathy card for a dear family who lost their loved one this week.

I kept my card pretty clean and simple because I was making it at the last minute, and I followed this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. Well, I kind of followed the sketch. ;) After I got my card done and I glanced at the sketch again, I realized the bottom part of the circle was supposed to stick out under my rectangle panel. Oops! Oh well! This was still a really fun and easy sketch to follow.

Whenever I'm pressed for time, I love to use sentiment stamps because they don't require any coloring. I just stamped this verse and cut it out! All of my papers are from the My Mind's Eye So Sophie collection. I added a cream border punched with an EK Success border punch and finished it off with soem pearls and a ribbon treatment. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to hop over to Heather's Ippity blog to check out all of the other design team inspiration! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye So Sophie 
Stamps: Devoted by Ippity
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: ribbon (Papertrey Ink), button, twine, pearls, foam tape
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, EK Success Deco Scallop border punch

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful & I am sure the family will really appreciate it!

    O, Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations on the win. Super card. I love it. Colors, scripture, everything.

    Be Blessed, Beckie
    Stop in and see me....new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)