Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #48

Hi there! Happy Sunday! I hope you're having a good weekend so far! I did some shopping with my Mama yesterday, and since we're enjoying some nice, cool weather, I've got a pot of Corn and Crab Chowder going on the stove this morning. I can't wait to get into that when we get home from church! :)

This week's challenge at Christmas Card Challenges is to use liquid applique on your card. I just love using this on my cards!

I got a new stamp set this week - Wings of Joy from Taylored Expressions. This is one that has been on my wish list for awhile! I inked up this cute birdhouse and colored it with Copic markers. I added the liquid applique to the image and coated it with a little glitter. I always like to do that to my liquid applique for some sparkle. I went over the Christmas lights with my Clear Glaze pen. I cut out the image with Classic Circle Nestabilities.

I stamped the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper, which is from the Echo Park Seasons Greetings collection. I did lots of stitching on this card, and I used this week's CPS Sketch #241. I finished it of with some pearls in the right corners and since I couldn't find a place to put a bow, I stuck one on a spiral clip! Love that!

Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team. Thanks sooo much for stopping by :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy, Kraft, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Seasons Greetings
Stamps: Wings of Joy by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: pearls (Kaisercraft), Vintage Cream ribbon (PTI), Liquid Applique, Clear Glaze Pen, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter, foam tape
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)