Saturday, October 22, 2011

HYCCT Challenge at Split Coast Stampers

Hi there! Have you had a chance yet to participate in any of the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges at Split Coast Stampers? There's a new challenge everyday, and card-makers are encouraged to send their cards to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center...what a good cause! I've been wanting to play along all month and finally got some spare stampy time this evening. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more cards made to send.

I used Deb's Give 'em a Squeeze, HYCCCT1119, challenge. The challenge was to use dry embossing on your card. I hate that you can't see the embossing on my card because I actually used FOUR different embossing folders - a different one for every piece of patterned paper I used! 

I thought this sentiment from Angel Mail by There She Goes was a perfect, uplifting sentiment....just reminding a cancer patient to take it one day at a time. I cut out the sentiment with Label Three Nestabilities.

All of the pretty pink paper is from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue collection. I did lots of stitching and added a border with the MFT Open Bracket Border Dienamics. A polka dot ribon and some pearls finish off this card!

Oh, I also used the Viva La Verve October Week 3 sketch! Loved this sketch...so many layers! I pretty much followed it to a "T." :)

Thanks sooo much for stopping by my blog today! Have a GREAT weekend! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Pink (PTI), brown (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Madison Avenue
Stamps: Angel Mail by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: ribbon, pearls (Kaisercraft)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Label Three Nestabilities, sewing machine, MFT Open Bracket Border Dienamics, Victoria, Script Texture, and Polka Dots embossing folders (Cuttlebug), Intricate Swirls embossing folder (The Paper Studio)

1 comment:

  1. Great card. Beautiful papers.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)