Monday, October 10, 2011

Sending Encouragement Card

Hi there! Happy Columbus Day! I had to work today, but lucky for the students, they got the day off. It was nice to get caught up on some work in peace and quiet, though.

My aunt asked me to make a card for a friend who is going through breast cancer, and since I didn't have any appropriate images, I Googled "free breast cancer digi stamp" and found this sweet image as a freebie from McMahon Five Designs.

I used Split Coast Stampers Card Sketch #353 for the layout, except I changed the square to an oval. I colored my image with Copic markers and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities. I layered it with the cardstock cut out of Scalloped Oval Nestabilities. I used lots of Stickles to make her wings extra sparkly. The paper is from the my Mind's Eye Lost and Found Market Street collection. I just love these pinks! I embossed each piece with two different embossing folders. I combined them with some Kraft paper, and I did some stitching around the edges.

I added a pearl to each corner and finished it off with a cream bow and pink rose. I just love how this card turned out, and I hope it brings a bit of encouragement to the recipient!

I am also going to enter this card into this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge (anything goes).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Market Street
Stamps: Breast Cancer Angel by McMahon Five Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: pearls, ribbon, rose (Wild Orchid Crafts), Stickles
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Intricate Swirl embossing folder (Paper Studio), Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug) sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)