Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sharing in Your Sorrow

Hi! Today was a good day. It was so nice and cool all day; I got a new haircut and style, and I got in some stamping time! Stamping is always good! :)

Unfortunately, today I made a sympathy card. It was for some family friends who lost their loved one yesterday, so I made this one with a heavy heart. Why, oh why don't I keep these kinds of cards on hand? They're always so hard to make!


I used CardPatterns Sketch 137 for the layout. These pretty papers are from the My Mind's Eye A Beautiful Life collection. The border trim is the Dainty Lace Border dienamics by My Favorite Things. I just ordered some dies from them, and I LOVE their dies! They are just fabulous!

I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black and did some sponging with Memento Potter's Clay. There's lots of stitching on this card! I added a Vintage Cream ribbon, a Wild Orchid Crafts flower, and some pearls to finish it off.

That's it for me tonight. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Kraft, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye A Beautiful Life
Stamps: Care and Comfort by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Potter's Clay
Embellishments: Vintage Cream ribbon (PTI), flower (Wild Orchild Crafts), pearls (Kaisercraft)
Tools: MFT Dienamics Dainty Lace Border, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that little flower atop your bow. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!!! Love the colors and the sentiment is soooo perfect!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)