Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #49

Hi there! Good morning! Did you remember to set your clock back last night? I don't really feel like I got an extra hour because I stayed up entirely too late! :)

This card is for this week's Christmas Card Challenges #49 - a sketch challenge. I changed the sketch to a square card to fit my image. I recently got this Worship the Lord set from Our Daily Bread Designs, and I just could not wait to use it! 


I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut it out with square Nestabilities. Then, I set about coloring it with my Copic markers. Next, I masked the church and used the Cloud Border Die by Taylored Expressions to sponge a sky background. That was my first time at attempting a sky like that, but I love how it turned out! 

I added lots of liquid applique, glitter, and white flower soft to get that snowy look. I also stamped my image again and cut out the two trees and popped them up with foam tape for just a little dimension. 

The patterned papers are from the Echo Park Season's Greetings collection, and I did a little stitching on them. I wanted to add a sentiment, but I was running out of room, I stuck it up at the top. I stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa, cut it out with Nestabilities, popped it up with foam tape, and accented it with a few pearls.

I finished my card off with a bow I made from Pure Poppy ribbon. 

That's it for me today, but be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog so that you can see all the inspiration there :)

Have a great day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI - Pure Poppy, Rich Avocado, Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: Season's Greetings by Echo Park
Stamps: Worship the Lord by Our Daily Bread Designs
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa; Colorbox Ice Blue; Copic markers
Embellishments: Pure Poppy Ribbon (PTI), white Flower Soft, Liquid Applique, Crystal Fine Martha Stewart glitter, red pearls (Kaisercraft), cream thread, foam tape
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful, love all the glittery snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! That looks like it took a looooong time to do! Such detail! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)