Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #51

Good morning! Happy Sunday to you! Today I have a card to share for this week's Christmas Card Challenge. This week's challenge is to make a black and white card.

I decided to keep this card super simple and not use any patterned paper at all. I embossed my white background with the Snowflakes embossing folder and rounded all my corners. I stamped the image from Sparkle and Cheer by Taylored Expressions in Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. I layered that circle on a scalloped black circle.

For my sentiment banner, I used the It's a Banner Day 1 and Banner Holidays stamp sets, also by Taylored Expressions. I cut out the banner with the Banner Day 1 die and then traced around the outer portion of the die onto some black cardstock to make a background for it so that it would pop off of the white cardstock.

I finished off my card by adding a little Frosted Lace Stickles to the dove, and I added a border of White Opal Liquid Pearls on the edge of the circle. I also put a black pearl in each corner, and that was it!

Hopefully I'll be able to make a lot more cards to share with you this week since I am off all week for the Thanksgiving holidays! Yay! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration over at Christmas Card Challenges!


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI - Stamper's Select White, True Black
Stamps: Taylored Expressions - Sparkle and Cheer, It's a Banner Day 1, Banner Holidays
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: black pearls, Frosted Lace Stickles, White Opal Liquid Pearls
Tools: Snowflakes embossing folder, Banner Day 1 Die, We R Memory Keepers corner chomper



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Simply a beautiful card! Love the elegant look of the black and white. The image is just perfect for this color combo too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your embossing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)