Friday, November 18, 2011

Clean & Simple Thank You

Hi there! My brother, Aaron, had to attend a scholarship dinner earlier this week and needed a thank you card for his scholarship donor. Since the donor was a man, I attempted a masculine card for him.

I used an older sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping - my go-to site for CAS sketches! I embossed the Kraft background with the Seeing Spots embossing folder to give it a bit of texture. I stamped the sentiment from Signature Greetings by Papertrey Ink in Memento Rich Cocoa onto Vintage Cream cardstock.

The bit of patterned paper is from the A Beautiful Life collection by My Mind's Eye. I finished it off with a couple of Kaisercraft pearls.

I asked Aaron if his donor liked his card, and he said, "I guess." LOL...boys!

I love making layered cards, so sometimes I feel awkward making cards like this...like something is missing, but I also enjoy it, too. They're so much quicker. I made this card in about 10 minutes!

Today was our last day of school before Thanksgiving vacation. We are out all next week. WooHoo!! I plan to get in lots of card-making time!

Thanks sooo much for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Blueberry Sky, Kraft, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye A Beautiful Life
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Signature Greetings
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: Kaisercraft pearls
Tools: Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)