Saturday, November 5, 2011

With Sympathy

Hi there! Here I am again with another sympathy card. It seems like I've had to make too many of these lately. I need to do another one lately. There's so much sadness going around! I just lift these families up in prayer each time I make one of these cards!

This morning I had printed out this week's Sweet Stop Sketch, SSS133, and it was lying on my desk, so I used that my for my card layout.

I used my go-to set for sympathy cards - Care and Comfort by Taylored Expressions, and I stamped the sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa and did a little sponging. It was cut out with Classic Square Nestabilities and layered on a scalloped square. I popped this up with some foam tape.

I really wish I could tell you the name of this patterned paper! Do any of you know? I found a few sheets of it in my paper stash, and I have no idea where I got it...maybe in a RAK or something? I love these beautiful colors! I've probably had it so long that it's discontinued!

I added a border with the Dainty Lace Border Dienamics by MFT and did lots of stitching. I got in an order from Ribbon Carousel this week, so I used some of my ivory vintage seam binding and a little natural twine. I did a lot of stitching on this card and finished it off with a few pearls and a Wild Orchid Crafts flower.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Remember to set your clocks back tonight...gotta love that extra hour! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream (PTI)
Patterned Paper: ??
Stamps: Care and Comfort by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Cantaloupe
Embellishments: flower (Wild Orchid Crafts), vintage seam binding, twine (Ribbon Carousel), foam tape, pearls (Kaisercraft)
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Square Nestabilties, Scallop Square Nestabilities, MFT Dainty Lace Border Dienamics

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL - love the simplicity at first glance then as you look closer the stitching and the border and that gorgeous bow with the flower really make a wonderful card!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty. Love the papers, the words... the sponging looks great... and the flower with the ribbon is perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your thoughtful words are the focus of your beautiful card, Candace! The papers, the stitching, the pearls and the rose are so elegant! I'm so sorry you needed a sympathy card, but I'm sure it will bring comfort to the one who receives it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous papers!!! Your card is a beauty! Thanks for playing along in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)