Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #1

Hi there! It's time for Christmas Card Challenge #1! If you aren't familiar with what Christmas Card Challenges is, we start in December making one Christmas card a week so that by next December we have 52 cards ready to go! I think we all know that December is one of the busiest months of the year, so I love this concept of getting my cards finished throughout the year! The weekly challenges are for inspiration, and the only real rule is that you make a Christmas/holiday card. 

We are also debuting our newest design team members this week, so be sure you hop over to their blogs and give them some love! 

This week's challenge is a one-layer card. Now, if you've been to my blog before, you know that I tend to be a lots-of-layers kind of girl, so even though it's less work, it was a tiny bit of a challenge for me. Here's what I came up with!



So do you think this is a one-layer card? I hope so! I actually made two different ones and then tried to decide which one had the least layers. Haha!! I actually really liked how this card turned out, and I also love that it's completely flat for mailing, so I may crank out some more of these for those few extra Christmas cards I need!

I love this beautiful nativity silhouette image. It's from the Star of Wonder set by Papertrey Ink. I stamped it in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. I added a strip of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Christmas collection and did a bit of stitching. The border was cut with the Open Bracket Dienamics by MFT. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment and rounded the corners. So easy!

Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team. We'd love to have you play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by! :) 


Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Christmas
Stamps: Star of Wonder (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, sewing machine, cream thread, MFT Open Bracket Border Dienamics




Photobucket

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)