Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Card Challenge #3

Hi there! Are you ready for Christmas yet? I think I almost am! I spent Friday night and half the day Saturday shopping! I finally finished all of my shopping, and I have all but a few gifts wrapped. Now I just need to make some Christmas sweet treats to hand out at work, and I'll be all done! We are winding things down at school this week, and I'm looking forward to my vacation! 

One thing I am glad that I didn't have to spend time doing was making a bunch of Christmas cards! Thank goodness for Christmas Card Challenges! That brings me to this week's challenge! The challenge is to use non-traditional colors on your card...basically anything except red/green/blue/silver. I LOVE the papers in the Holly Jolly Christmas line by Echo Park, so I reached for that when I made my card. 

This little Pure Innocence girl is a cutie-pa-tootie! She is caroling away! Fa la la la la!!! The paper I chose to go with her matches just perfectly! I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black and paper-pieced her dress. I used Copics to color the rest of her and added a little Liquid Applique to make her boots furry! 

I stamped the sentiment in Memento Rich Cocoa and accented it with some Tiny Twinkles. I finished my card off with a chocolate bow tied with a button and some twine!


Thanks sooo much for stopping by my blog today! Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team! Have a GREAT day!! :)


Supplies:

Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Kraft, Stampers Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas
Stamps: Pure Innocence Christmas Caroler
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers
Embellishments: ribbon (PTI), Tiny Twinkles, button, twine, Liquid Applique
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is really sweet! Love her little dress and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! The image looks fabulous with the paper piecing, and her fluffy boots. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card. I love the music paper in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)