Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Hi there!! Today is my hubby's birthday, so here is the card I made for him! I decided to keep it simple and go with lots of bright colors. I just love the colors in the Fly a Kite collection by My Mind's Eye.



This sketch is an older MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge sketch. I used the It's Your Birthday a la carte stamp by Taylored Expressions, and this is the perfect stamp to have on hand for birthday cards...especially masculine birthday cards! I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copic markers. I used a clear Spica glitter pen over all of the image elements and then went over that with a Clear Glaze Pen to give it some shininess...even though you can't tell it in the photo!

I stitched around all of the edges and finished it off with some twine, a button, and a couple of sparkly brads. It's okay to put sparkle on a masculine card, right? :) 


Supplies:
Cardstock: Orange Zest, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper:  Lime Twist Fly a Kite (My Mind's Eye)
Stamps: It's Y our Birthday (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: orange twine, white twine, clear Spica glitter pen, clear glaze pen, white thread, orange glittery brads (Karen Foster), button, foam tape
Tools: sewing machine



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Just love the bright colors on your card!! Blessings and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for goodness sake, could this be any more gorgeous? I love it Candace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)