Thursday, December 29, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Challenge #90

Hi there! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I certainly did! I get incredibly blessed every year, not just by material presents, but my time with my family as well...and you can't forget all the good food, either. Ha! :) 

Now comes the part of putting away all the Christmas decorations and preparing for a new year.  I have mostly everything put away except for the tree...saving the biggest for last, I suppose! 

Enough of my chatter...I do have a card to share with you today! This card is for this week's new challenge at Meljen's Designs. The challenge is to use blue in your card. There is not a new image release this week, but don't worry, they'll be back next week! :)

Oh, and I got in some happy mail this week from Simon Says Stamp. I highly recommend them because I ordered this December 22, and it came in December 27 - and there was a holiday in there! Fun new paper for me to play with! See that Echo Park Winter Park collection? That's what I used for the "blue" on my card today!


My card sketch is Mojo Monday #221. I colored my image with Copic markers and accented it with some Liquid Applique, Dazzling Diamonds, and White Opal Liquid Pearls. 

The border was cut with the Simply Scallops Border Dienamics by MFT, and I added some Liquid Pearls to that as well, just to make it pop. I added a ribbon and a snowflake brad, and it's kinda hard to see, but I also added some super pretty and sparkly White Metallic String from Ribbon Carousel. I felt like my card needed "something," so I channeled Jessie and added a silver brad to each corner. 



Hop on over to the Meljen's Designs blog and check out all the amazing inspiration from the design team! 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Winter Park
Stamps: Caroling Snowmen by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: White Opal Liquid Pearls; Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up); white ribbon (Papertrey Ink); white metallic string (RibbonCarousel.com); silver brads (Hobby Lobby)
Tools: Classic Square Nestabilities; Simply Scallops Border Dienamics (MFT Stamps)



Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)