Monday, December 19, 2011

{Meljen's Designs} Cozy Winter Owl

Hi there! I have another quick Christmas card to share with you today. I have already sent out all of my Christmas cards for the year, so I think this will be my first card for next year's Christmas cards! That's ambitious, huh? :) If you want to make Christmas cards all year round, too, so that you don't have to make them all right before Christmas, you should check out Christmas Card Challenges!

I used Meljen's Designs Cozy Winter Owl to make this card. I've had this image for a long time and always wanted to use it, and I finally got a chance! I think he's such a cutie...or maybe it's a she owl. LOL! I colored my image with Copic markers and accented it with some glitter and Liquid Applique for a snowy effect.


The layout is Split Coast Stampers Card Sketch #363. The patterned papers are from the Echo Park Season's Greetings collection, and I did some stitching around all the edges.  I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black directly on my patterned paper. That stamp is from the Holly Jolly stamp set by There She Goes Clear Stamps. I finished my card off with a few red pearls in the upper right corner. I really wanted to add a ribbon and played around with adding one, but then I decided I liked the way it looked without one. I'm trying to teach myself that it's okay to not put a bow on a card. :)

I have a few more gifts to wrap and some Christmas treats to make to take to work, and then I'll be all finished and ready for Christmas. It actually feels like Christmas today because it was a little colder! I love that! 

Thanks for stopping by!! :) 

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Season's Greetings
Stamps: Cozy Winter Owl (Meljen's Designs); sentiment from Holly Jolly (There She Goes Clear Stamps)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: white thread; red pearls (Kaisercraft), Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up); Liquid Applique; Jody Boosters
Tools: sewing machine; Classic Rectangle Nestabilities
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Adorable as always Candace! I wish I could Copic Cabana like you do! Ahh to live closer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)