Thursday, December 29, 2011

TSG Challenge - Many Thanks

Hi there!! Today I am sharing a card that I made for this week's There She Goes Challenge #136 - to make a thank you card.

I wanted my card to be a little Christmasy, but honestly, I am so tired of red and green cards, so I used another new paper pad from my happy mail package from earlier this week - My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas! I followed a MFT Stamps Wednesday Sketch Challenge from a few weeks back.

I stitched around my background papers and added a silver brad to each corner. I used a sentiment from Sentimental Thank You by There She Goes Clear Stamps and stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black. Then I cut it out with Oval Nestabilities and layered it on the Hawaiian Shores cardstock that was cut out with the Polka Dot Greetings Dienamic by MFT Stamps and embossed with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. I must have a thing for polka dots, ya think? :) I popped it up with some Jody Boosters.

I felt like my sentiment needed something to make it "pop," so I added some Flamingo Liquid Pearls around the edge of the oval...LOVE that look! Last, I used my MFT Loopy Bloom Dienamics to create a puffy flower with some of the best felt I have ever used. Let me tell you about the felt! Corinna recommended this felt, and I was very unhappy with the cheapo felt I was using. My dies wouldn't cut through it cleanly. It was awful. So, I ordered some felt from this Etsy shop - Benzie Bazaar. IN LOVE WITH THIS FELT! It is sooo smooth and the dies cut perfectly through it. Also, the shipping was fast, and it was packaged so cute that it made me feel so special when I opened it! Check her shop out! I will be using felt a lot more on my cards now that I have nice felt to use!

That is it for me today! Thanks for stopping by! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas
Stamps: Sentimental Thank you (There She Goes Clear Stamps) 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Flamingo Liquid Pearls, felt from Benzie Bazaar, silver brads, Jody Boosters
Tools: Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder, Classic Oval Nestabilities, sewing machine, Loopy Bloom Dienamics (MFT Stamps), Polka Dot Greetings Dienamics (MFT Stamps)




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Really like your card. Love those papers. That felt must be nice...cause it even looks soft and fluffy in the pic.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)