Sunday, January 22, 2012

CCC8 - Coloring

Hi there! Today I have a card to share with you for this week's Christmas Card Challenge! The challenge is coloring.

My favorite coloring medium is Copic markers. When I first started stamping, I used some cheap watercolor pencils, but I wasn't very good with them. Maybe it's because they were cheap. LOL! Over the past few years, I've been buying Copic markers here and there. I still don't have as many as some people have, but I have enough to give me a fairly decent color selection. Now, I just need to work on my technique with them. I want to get better at using them!

I used Ugg Leah by Whimsie Doodles. I love their images, and I don't use them nearly enough! She is so cute! I added a little Liquid Applique to her boots for the pom-poms. I fussy cut her out and adhered her to a white oval that I embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder.

The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Holly Jolly. I love those non-traditional colors! I did stitching all around the patterned paper edges. I finished my card off with a pink ribbon and a ghost snowflake...love those snowflakes for my Christmas cards! I put my sentiment on the inside.

Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the rest of the design team has to share with you today. Thanks sooo much for checking out my card! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Holly Jolly
Stamps: Ugg Leah (Whimsie Doodles)
Ink: Copic markers
Embellishments: Liquid Applique, ribbon (PTI), ghost snowflake (Heidi Swapp), kraft-colored thread
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)