Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge #5 - Thank You

Hi there! Happy Sunday to you, and Happy New Year, too!! I wish all of you a blessed year!

Now that Christmas is over, it's the perfect time to make some thank you notes for those gifts or acts of kindness that you received, and that's what this week's Christmas Card Challenge #5 is! Create a thank you card!  

I decided to go the clean and simple route with this card. I was sitting at my desk spending WAY too much time trying to figure out which paper to use as my background paper (sound familiar??), and since I couldn't decide, I decided to NOT use one! lol :) I love how it turned out! I said "clean and simple," but when I got done, I counted all the dies I used - seven! Ha! I guess for me this is CAS because it doesn't have a lot of layers. 


I used an older CardPatterns sketch for my card layout. I stamped "thank you" from the Sentimental Thank You set by There She Goes Clear Stamps in Memento Rich Cocoa and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. Then I sponged around the edges a bit with Memento Cantaloupe to soften it up. I like to do that when there is a lot of "white space" because I felt like all of that cream cardstock showing was too bright and too much. 
I layered that panel onto another circle and then again onto a circle cut out with the Lacey Circles Nestabilities, a gift from my sweet friend, Karen!  

The strip of patterned paper is from the Authentique Wonder Collection. I cut out the border with the Simply Scallops Border Dienamic by MFT Stamps. I also used a few more MFT Dienamics - Rolled Scallop Flower, Let it Snowflake, and the Fancy Flourish - on this card. I cut out the flower and snowflakes with some felt and the flourish with cardstock. I actually cut two of the snowflakes and layered them. I like that look! I finished my card off with some Kaisercraft red pearls up in the corner. 

Be sure you check out the rest of the design team inspiration at the Christmas Card Challenges blog. I hope you'll join us for the challenge this week! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Authentique Wonder
Stamps: Sentimental Thank You (There She Goes Clear Stamps)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Cantaloupe
Embellishments: red and cream pearls (Kaisercraft) 
Tools: Nestabilities - Small Circles, Large Circles, and Lacey Circle Nestabilities; MFT Dienamics - Fancy Flourish, Rolled Scallop Flower, Let It Snowflake, Simple Scallop Border 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)