Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge #7

Hi there! Today I have a quick and simple card for you for this week's Christmas Card Challenge #7! The challenge is to use flourishes on your card.

I was actually running a fever and feeling awful Friday evening as I was making my card, so I decided to go the super-simple route. I actually love how this turned out, and I think I'll be duplicating this layout in the future!

To make my card, I stamped the image and sentiment from the Holly Jolly stamp set by There She Goes Clear Stamps onto Vintage Cream cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating die. I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the Authentique Wonder collection to a Kraft cardstock base and rounded all of the corners. I added the red ribbon and tied a simple knot and then added a pearl flourish. I finished the card by adhering the diecut piece with some foam tape.

It just doesn't get much easier than that, and I still think it turned out lovely!

Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team! I hope you'll play along with us this week! Thanks for stopping by! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Authentique Wonder
Stamps: Holly Jolly by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon (ribboncarousel.com), pearl flourish (want2scrap), foam tape
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card - I think I might just have to check out that Christmas blog and get ahead this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)