Sunday, January 29, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge #9

Hi there! Good morning! First of all, I have to apologize for being a few hours late. I completely forgot to schedule this post! I just remembered about it. I blame all thecough/congestion junk I've got going on. :) Anyway...

This card is for this week's Christmas Card Challenge #9 to use your favorite technique. My favorite technique is sewing. Sometimes I don't sew on my cards (out of laziness, as a matter of fact), but I really love the finished look that sewing gives a card. My machine actually messed up a bit on this card, but that's okay. I still love how it turned out. 

I used the Inspired By Christmas set by MFT Stamps. I chose not to color my image because I really liked the vintage look of the Santa on the Kraft paper. I used some Echo Park Season's Greetings patterned paper and lots of different dies. I finished it off with some pearls, a ribbon, snowflake, and a corduroy brad. 


Be sure you hop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the design team's favorite techniques!! We'd love to have you play along with us this week! Thanks sooo much for stopping by today! Have a great day!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Pure Poppy, Kraft
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Season's Greetings
Stamps: MFT Stamps Inspired by Christmas
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Embellishments: ribbon (PTI), brad (Hobby Lobby), cream thread, Kaisercraft pearls
Tools: sewing machine, Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Let it Snowflake Dienamics (MFT), Dainty Lace Border Dienamics (MFT)



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. YES! love the santa on the kraft (uncolored)!! Very nice look --kinda vintagey. Lovely card Candace *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)