Monday, January 2, 2012

{Meljen's Designs} Lovin' Turtle

Hi there! Here's my first card of 2012! I'm not a big resolution maker, but I definitely do want to make more cards this year, and I spent yesterday making this one! :)

I made this card following the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #149.

This sweet little turtle is Lovin' Turtle by Meljen's Designs! Cute, huh? :)


I was in the mood to make a Valentine's card, so this is what I came up with. I added lots of sparkle to the hearts on the turtle's shell. The sentiment is from A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions. I embossed the yellow cardstock with the Seeing Spots embossing folder, and I did lots of stitching! Some ribbon, brads, and liquid pearls finish this card off!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, PTI Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle Cupcake Love
Stamps: Lovin' Turtle (Meljen's Designs), A Year of Sweet Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Flamingo Liquid Pearls, silver brads, Jody Boosters, ribbon, white thread, Dazzling Details (Stampin' Up)
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Seeing Spots embossing folder, sewing machine

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Sooo stinkin' CUTE Candice!! Love the turtle and your papers and sketch--love the whole thing *Ü* Where has the time gone? Have missed ya girly!! We should catch up. Email me if ya wanna krisb33 AT yahoo DOT com! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, love the turtle.. love the Liquid Pearls around the turtle...
    wishuponascrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... this is so cute with all the fun colors, adorable image and sewing! I love the big satin bow too. Just ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's SO adorable, Candace! Love the green with the pink and yellow and the bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)