Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sweet On You

Hi there! I just love There She Goes Stamps, and since I had some free time today, I decided to get stampy and create a card for this week's paper-piecing challenge over at the TSG blog.

I was inspired by several of the TSG design team members, who I've seen using the Freeze the Moment set to make Valentines cards.

I stamped this little cutie from the set in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored parts of her with Copic markers. I paper-pieced her dress. Now, let me tell you about the disaster part. It seems like this one particular disaster happens to me ALL the time. I had stamped her onto a rectangular piece of cream cardstock. I got her all colored and paper-pieced and then....swish! I didn't realize I had black ink on my finger and it smudged on the cardstock! I wanted to cry ! I was just about to throw the whole thing in the garbage when I decided to salvage my image by fussy-cutting her out. It worked, and I actually love the look I got from my "mistake." Mistakes in card-making are just opportunities to embellish, right? :)

These adorable papers are from the Love Me collection by My Mind's Eye. I added a border with the Simply Scallops Border Dienamics by MFT and also cut out some felt hearts with the Hearts-a-Plenty Dienamics. I topped off the hearts with a wooden button and some twine.

That's it for me tonight! Thanks for stopping by! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Love Me (My Mind's Eye)
Stamps: Freeze the Moment (There She Goes Clear Stamps)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: felt, twine, silver brads, Jody boosters, clear Glaze pen
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Simply Scallop Border Dienamics, Hearts-a-Plenty Dienamics (MFT Stamps)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable Candace - and what an amazing "mistake" I think she looks fab on the worded background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Candace!!!! It is such a 'sweet' card and I think the little girl fussy cut and placed on the text DP looks great:):) Thanks for playing with us at There She Goes this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!!! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace this is adorable!! And yes the opportunity to "embellish" happens quite often in my craft room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to scrapbooking and cardmaking but the one mistake I always make is to smudge ink at some point during the process! So glad I am not the only one - the card is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candace, your card is darling! Happy accidents are Great! No one would have never known you smudged ink on her. I'm loving her red and white polka dot dress!!! Glad you played the TSG Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious My Friend!! ♥LORi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)