Saturday, February 11, 2012

Buckets of Love

Hi there! Happy Saturday! Wow, am I ever glad it is the weekend! I had a kinda-rough week. I'm sure you've saw me mention on here before that I've been sick for a long time - since September to be exact. I've been coughing, wheezing, short of breath, fatigued, etc., ever since. I was in the hospital over Thanksgiving, and I was diagnosed with asthma. It's been a long road, and I never have really gotten well. I continue to get worse. On Tuesday, I got too hot at school and had an asthma attack in class. I scared all my students so bad! Andrew took me to the emergency room, and then I went and saw my doctor the next day. Now, I have to go next week to see an allergy doctor. I'm actually looking forward to that because I am ready to find out what is causing all of my problems! 

Needless to say, I don't feel like making cards as much as I want to, but I did get a chance to make this Valentine's card this week.



I used the Echo Park Yours Truly paper collection and the Buckets of Love stamp set by There She Goes Clear Stamps. This layout is Freshly Made Sketches #21

I colored my image with Copic markers and added lots of glitter! Love that bucket of sparkly hearts! The pink background was embossed with the Seeings Spots embossing folder - my favorite embossing folder! I used the MFT Simply Scallops Border Dienamics to cut the scalloped strip. I also added a blingy circle to my image panel. I bought some blingy circles and squares at Michael's sometime last summer, and I've been hoarding them in my bling drawer and never used them! I tend to buy things, throw them in a drawer, and forget about them. You do that, too, right? When I noticed Jodi Collins use them on her cards, it reminded me that I had them, so I dug to the bottom of my bling drawer and found them! I popped one on this card, and I love that bit of extra sparkle! 

I added a ribbon to my card to finish it off, and that's it! Since I have some ribbon on my card, I am also entering this card in this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge, which is Anything Goes. Have a great weekend!! I'm just going to be lazy today and stay inside and work on some Valentine's projects for my friends at work!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Yours Truly
Stamps: Buckets of Love by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: ribbon (PTI), Dazzling Details glitter (Stampin' Up), bling circle (Michael's), Jody Boosters
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Simply Scallops Border Dienamics (MFT Stamps), Seeing Spots embossing folder





Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love all of the added bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! Your Valentine is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card Candace! Love the pail of hearts and all of the cute DPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!!! Love that DSP and all those rhinestones look great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. I hope better times are ahead. But I've got to tell you that I love your Valentine! The colors are so vibrant and fresh and I the blingy circle is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!! Love all the sparkle!! Hope you figure out what's causing all your problems...asthma is never fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Valentines Day, getting to use all the black, pink & red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness ... this is a beautiful Valentine card, I love the colours and the mixture of papers, oh and looove the blingy circles!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Candace! Hoping the doctors will find you some answers and that you start feeling better. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon! This is a gorgeous card, I really love your mix of papers and the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Candace! I love the layers and the bling! I hope the doctors get you feeling all better soon. Hugs! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)