Thursday, February 23, 2012

{Meljen's Designs} Challenge #98

Hi there!! Today I have a card to share for this week's Meljen's Designs Challenge #98. The challenge is to use buttons on your card. This was an easy challenge for me because I love to accent my bows with buttons! 

I have Spring fever! I've been browsing Pinterest for Spring and Easter decorating ideas, so being in the Springtime mood, I decided to make an Easter card for this challenge.

I used this sweet image by Meljen's Designs called Peter Bunny and colored him with Copic markers. The patterned paper is from one of my newest paper pads - Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks by My Mind's Eye...LOVE this line! The pastel colors make the perfect Easter card! 

I layered my image on some rectangle layers cut out with Nestabilities and accented it with Liquid Pearls. It looks like a drunk person applied my Liquid Pearls....they're all crooked! LOL! The scalloped strip was punched with the MFT Stamps Simply Scallops Border Dienamics. I did lots of stitching on this card and finished it off with a seam binding bow, and a button, of course! 

Be sure you hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the design team! Have a great day!! I'm going to be at the doctor today getting allergy testing done. I can't wait to find out what is making me so sick all the time!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist
Patterned Paper: Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Peter Bunny by Meljen's Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Bisque Liquid Pearls, seam binding, Maya Road wooden button, twine, Jody Boosters
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine, MFT Stamps Simply Scallop Border Dienamics

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think it's super cute!! I really really love that wooden button!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the placement of you rbutton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace this little guy is adorable. I think I need to add him to my collection. You did a great job of the coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)