Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Treat Tags

Hi there! Yes, I realize this is my second post today, but I just had to share these Valentine's treats that I just made with you!

Do you use Pinterest? I use it and *love* it. Among the many boards I've created on there, I've created one for each holiday to store crafty and gift-giving ideas. The only problem is that there are just way too many things I want to make! I guess I've got ideas stored away for the next five years! LOL! :)

I wanted to make some treats to hand out at school to my co-workers, and I finally settled on these cookies. I love to make Peanut Butter Cookies, so when I saw this idea on Pinterest to use a heart-shaped chocolate with them, I knew it was a perfect, quick, homemade treat for my Valentine's Day treats!


However, things never go as planned, right? I couldn't find heart-shaped chocolates anywhere in Walmart, and I didn't want to go anywhere else. Then I remembered an idea I saw on the Plain Chicken blog the other day - to dip Milano cookies in vanilla almond bark and then coat in sprinkles. So easy!


Super cute, right? Mine didn't turn out that well, but I'm hoping the handmade tag makes up for the messy look to the cookies! LOL :)


I packed these by putting them in cellophane bags and attaching a handmade tag to each one. I love to make tags. It's kinda like a miniature card! I used some tags from Taylored Expressions and embossed each one with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I added a bit of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Love Me collection and a scalloped strip to each one. I cut hearts out of red, white, and pink felt using the Hearts a Plenty Dienamics by MFT Stamps and hot-glued a few hearts to each tag. I finished them off by adding some pink ribbon and twine. I just love how these tags turned out! They were really simple to make, and there was no stamping or coloring involved! As much as I love to stamp, when you're mass-producing something, it's easiest to find a way that doesn't involve a lot of coloring.


I hope all my recipients love them as much as I loved making them!

Thanks sooo much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Sweet Blush (PTI), Kraft cardstock tags from Taylored Expressions
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Love Me
Embellishments: twine (RibbonCarousel.com), pink ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: Simply Scallops Border Dienamics, Hearts a Plenty Dienamics (MFT Stamps), Polka Dots embossing folder



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)