Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Treat Box

Hi there! If you saw my blog yesterday, then you saw the cookies I made for my Valentine's treats to hand out at school. I had some crafty mojo going on over the weekend, so after I got done with the tags for my treat bags, I decided to try making one of these treat boxes from the tutorial I saw at Split Coast Stampers and fill it with some Hershey's chocolates. 

I thought this treat box was sooo cute, but I must be directionally challenged, but I just could not get it right...even with watching the video! Finally, after goofing up the scoring/cutting TWICE, I got it right on the third try! Third time's the charm right? :) 


I decorated my box with paper from the Echo Park Yours Truly collection. I stamped the image from the Buckets of Love stamp set by There She Goes Clear Stamps and colored it with Copic markers. I added lots of glitter to the hearts and accented the image panel with White Opal Liquid Pearls. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities and popped it up with a Jody Booster. I love how it turned out! I will definitely be making these little boxes again in the future.

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Yours Truly
Stamps: Buckets of Love by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rose Bud, Copic markers
Embellishments: White Opal Liquid Pearls, Jody Boosters, Dazzling Details glitter (Stampin' Up), rose (Wild Orchid Crafts)
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities
Other: cellophane bag, Hershey's Kisses



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. aw Candace this is just gorgeous!!! I still have your card from last Valentines with that very stamp on it!! Love your creations - happy Valentines honey oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Your liquid pearls look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candice,

    I'm having trouble with this box. it's not measuring correctly. Am I missing something? The front is WAY to tall.

    Can you help....
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)