Saturday, March 3, 2012

Craft Your Days Away Guest Designer

Hi there! Meljen's Designs is sponsoring the challenge this time at Craft Your Days Away Challenges, so I am playing along as a guest designer. One lucky winner will win some Meljen's Designs images! The challenge theme is Mother's Day/Special Lady.

I used the Meljen's Designs image, Daisy Pitcher, to make this card. 


I used the new My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody papers...so pretty! Love that woodgrain fence. It looks SO REAL! I colored my image with Copics and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities. I did some stitching. Speaking of, my Janome Sew Mini decided to jam up on me!! I have tried re-threading the thread and bobbin so many times, but everytime I go to stitch, it hangs up. So frustrating! Any advice?? I would love for it to work again because I love to stitch on my cards. I used my mom's machine on this card, but I'd rather use my Sew Mini. To embellish my card, I added some ribbon, a flower, and a little twine. I added a stamped sentiment, and that was it! 

Thanks sooo much for stopping by today! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody
Stamps: Daisy Pitcher by Meljen's Designs, Mega Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon, twine, flower (Wild Orchid Crafts)
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Oval Nestabilities, Tag Trio Nestabilities




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous! I love your style and you havebecome one of my favorite crafters to read.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Candace! Your colouring is fab and I love the choice of papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great details on the coloring! Question: Do you using the embossing mat with your Nestabilities?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)