Thursday, March 8, 2012

{Meljen's Designs} Challenge #100

Hi there!

That's right...it's Challenge #100 at Meljen's Designs! This week's challenge is a sketch challenge. I love sketch challenges because I always use a sketch when I make cards anyway, so it's not pushing me out of my comfort zone. :)

Here's the sketch.


I used one of the latest releases from Meljen's Designs, Fancy Swirls Peacock. I was so excited to see that Melissa drew a peacock. I think they are so pretty! I colored it up in shades of teal and purple to match the patterned paper that I chose - Happy Go Lucky from My Mind's Eye. I added glitter to the ends of the tail feathers. I did some stitching around the edges of some of my papers and accented my image panel with Liquid Pearls. That's something I've started doing sometimes because I love the look. When I feel like there is too much "white space," I like to finish it off with the Liquid Pearls, and it seems to tone down all that white.  


The sentiment is from Day or Night by There She Goes Clear Stamps, and I stamped it on a label that I cut out with the First Place Ribbon Award Dienamics by MFT Stamps. I recently purchased some crocheted flowers from the fabulous Danielle Lounds, so I added one of those along with a button and some twine to finish off my card.

Be sure you hop over to the Meljen's Designs blog to check out the rest of the inspiration from the design team! I hope you'll play along with us this week! We'd love to see your creations!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Happy Go Lucky
Stamps: Fancy Swirls Peacock by Meljen's Designs, sentiment from Day or Night by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: White Opal Liquid Pearls, crocheted flower, Dazzling Details (Stampin' Up)
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities, First Place Award Ribbon Dieanmics (MFT Stamps), sewing machine




Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)