Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinterest-Inspired Message Boards

Hi there!! As much as I love to make cards, I also love to alter items. It's fun to take something and make it look a different way! I especially love to alter things I can give as gifts or use in my craft room. So, when I saw this message board on Joanne Basille's blog, I knew that I had to make one for myself! I have seen several ideas on Pinterest where someone took a pretty piece of patterned paper and put it inside a frame for a message board, but I love how Joanne decorated hers, so I decided to pretty mine up as well! Actually, when I saw her frame, I "pinned it!"

Three of my cousins all have February birthdays, and since they are all in high school or college, I thought these message boards would be the perfect thing to help them jot down little notes.

These boards were all so easy to make. I just measured my paper to fit the frame (8x10-inches), and decorated it. I used an assortment of border, alpha, and flower dienamics by MFT Stamps to embellish them. I put the paper on the inside and hot-glued my flowers and other embellishments to the outside of the frame. I added a dry erase marker to each one, and they made perfect gifts!

Oh, and I'm so sorry about the horrible photos! It is very hard to take a good photo of something with glass in it. Maybe I just need some camera pointers.

This one is my favorite...LOVE those bright Girl Friday papers!



This one I made using the colors for the school that my cousin goes to.



And last, I made this one to match my cousin's bedding in her room. I think it turned out to be the most elegant one.



I still haven't made myself one, but I did buy the frame! I just need to get it done. I want to use it to keep up with design team reminders.

Thanks, Joanne, for the inspiration!! I hope I've inspired you readers to alter something!

Thanks for stopping by today! :)

MFT Dienamics Used: Monarch Border, Simply Scallops Border, Hearts a Plenty, Loopy Bloom, By the Letters, Rolled Scallop Flower. All of the felt is from Benzie Bazaar. It cuts with the MFT Dienamics like a dream! 


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)