Monday, March 5, 2012

TSG146 - Tag It!

Hi there! Today I am posting my first official post as a Trendsetter for There She Goes Clear Stamps!!


This week ourchallenge is brought to us by our new Trendsetter, Kim! She has challenged usto make tags!! Tags are great for gift giving, or adding to a card base to makea card…the skies the limit!

I needed to wrap up a few birthday gifts over the weekend, so this challenge was the perfect one for me. I whipped up a few tags to go on my gift packaging.




I don't have a tag die (wish I did!), so I cut out the tags with my Cricut...which is about the only thing I ever use that machine for these days! I got it when I first started paper-crafting as a scrapbooker. Then I discovered card-making, and now the Cricut has a home in the closet. 

I embossed my tags with the Seeing Spots embossing folder and added a little patterned paper to each one from the My Mind's Eye Happy Go Lucky collection. The scalloped strip was cut out with the Simply Scallops Border Dienamics by MFT Stamps. I used the Make a Wish stamp set and cut out my stamped images with Circle Nestabilities. I also added a blingy circle to each one. Love that touch of sparkle! I stamped the banner and happy birthday sentiment from the stamp set and cut them out and popped them up on the tag with a little foam tape. Some ribbon and twine finished these tags off! They made the perfect addition to my gifts!

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a Tag or group of Tags, and then go to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (March 12th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!


 By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated. :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG146 so we can check out your beautiful work!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Happy Go Lucky
Stamps: Make a Wish by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: bling circle (Michael's), white ribbon, twine, foam tape
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Cricut, Cuttlebug, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, Simply Scallops Border Dienamics (MFT Stamps)





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. lovely tags...love the colors to

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I don't use my Cricut E nearly as much as I should. I used it for the first time a couple weeks ago to make a label (like labels 8) but then I decided it would be much easier to go buy the nestability that does the same thing. I just think that the Cricut is kind of a hassle. Just one of those things that we just thought we had to have!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)