Monday, March 12, 2012

TSG147 - Hidden Surprise!

Hi there! It's time for a There She Goes Challenge! This week our challenge is brought to us by Theresa! She has challenged us to make a card or project with a hidden surprise. Whether it is a gift card, chocolate, or an explosion card….we want to see what you are hiding!!

I recently pinned this gift card holder that I found on my fellow DT member, Karen Giron's, blog. Her gift card holder is just gorgeous!! Karen found the tutorial on Gina K.'s blog, and I saved it because I loved the way the gift card popped up on the inside. I decided to use that tutorial to make my hidden surprise project for today.



I used some Lost & Found Union Square papers by My Mind's Eye, and the stamp set I used was Perk Up by There She Goes. Since there wasn't a lot of space to embellish, I kept it pretty simple and just added some black Twinkles and a cream twill ribbon. I also stamped the sentiment and added it as a little tag. 

I decorated the inside with the same patterned papers but left some blank cardstock to write on. Yes, I know that is a Walmart Congratulations gift card, and it has nothing to do with coffee. LOL! It was the only gift card I had, and it worked as a photo prop! I'm going to put a gift card for the local coffee shop in here later on. I closed my gift card holder with a little bit of velcro. I'll definitely be using this gift card holder tutorial again because it was soooo super simple. It looks kinda complicated because of the fold for the gift card, but it's not hard at ALL. Try it!!



To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project with a Hidden Surprise, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (March 19th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG147 so we can check out your beautiful work! 


That's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, True Black (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Lost and Found Union Square by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Perk Up by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Tiny Twinkles, Vintage Cream twill ribbon (PTI), foam tape, velcro
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, First Place Award Ribbon Dienamics (MFT Stamps), Nestabilities Labels Four




Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Super cute, Candace! I love me a gift card :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace, you rocked on this challenge. I love your project and the DPs you used. Fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Candace. Can you tell me what die you used for the paper that holds the card?

    thanks,

    Danae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Danae! I hope you see this because I wasn't sure how to contact you. I used Spellbinders Labels 4 to cut the shape. Thanks so much for your comment! :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love this gift card holder and yours is so super sweet! Love that little coffee mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great.. thanks so much for sharing it..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)