Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketch ~ Happy Easter!

Hi!! Do you use sketches when you make cards? I always use them. They are a really good starting point. Sometimes I copy the sketch exactly, and sometimes I change an element or two. I was super excited to find a new sketch challenge blog - Tuesday Morning Sketches! They are being sponsored today by There She Goes Clear Stamps! 

Here's this week's sketch.


I knew right away that this would be such a fun sketch to play along with! It took me awhile to cut out all those little squares and layer them on the scalloped squares, but it was totally worth it. The paper is Springtime by Echo Park. Even though it's hard to see, I embossed the white background with the Polka Dots embossing folder. I used the newly released Egg-stra Special set by There She Goes. I stamped my image and colored it with Copic markers and cut it out with Oval Nestabilities. I accented the border with White Opal Liquid Pearls. Since I loved the glittery Easter eggs when I was a kid, I added some Stickles to the eggs in the basket! A little glitter never hurt! I finished off my card with some saddle-stitch ribbon. I added the sentiment to the inside.


Be sure you hop over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see all the sketch details. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Springtime
Stamps: Egg-stra Special by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: White Opal Liquid Pearls, Stickles, foam ape
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Classic Square Nestabilities, Scallop Square Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Polka Dots embossing folder,  Bow Easy



3 comments:

  1. Candace, this is just darling!! I love the different DPs and she is colored so wonderfully. Thanks so much for supporting us at TMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Candace! I didn't even notice you know what until I went looking for it! SNORT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)