Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Stampbooking Attempt

Yes, you read that right. I made a scrapbook page! The last time I did a scrapbook page was...well, scratch that. I don't remember. 

Last weekend it was my turn to do the Stampbook Saturday post over at the There She Goes blog. The idea behind it is to use a card from the TSG gallery as inspiration for your page and to use TSG stamps on it...hence the name stampbooking.

First, I picked out my picture...a wedding photo since those were the only ones I had printed up. Then, I decided to use the Bloom stamp set. I went to the Bloom gallery for some inspiration and spotted this gorgeous card by the fabulous Jessie. I knew right away that this was what I had to use as my inspiration piece because these were my exact wedding colors! How perfect is that??


This is the page I made using the Bloom stamp set, some BasicGrey papers, and a blingy flourish. I also did some stitching. The photo is of Andrew and I with my grandmother. We're not really that orange. That's what happens when you try to take photos of photos, or maybe I just need some camera skills.




I was actually really happy with how this turned out, and now I have it on display in my stamp room. Maybe scrapbooking (or stampbooking in this case) isn't so bad after all! What's great about using stamps is that you can color them to match your paper, whereas if you were using stickers, you would have to match everything up.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey
Stamps:Bloom (There She Goes)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: blingy flourish
Tools: 1st Place Ribbon Award Dienamics (MFT), Oval Nestabilities, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Candace, this came out amazing, I think that you need to start scrapbooking more often!!! I love the colors, and that flourish ;) yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)