Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Birthday Gift Ensemble

Hi there! 

I always see gift sets all over Pinterest and when I'm blog-hopping, and I've always wanted to alter a gift bag. Awhile back, I made some of these dry erase note boards for my cousins, and my aunt wanted one. Her birthday was last week, so I made one for her as a gift. I was in Michael's, and I decided to pick up a gift bag. That's when I saw the Kraft bags and decided to try and decorate it to match the gift. You can't beat 99 cents for a gift bag either. Do y'all know how much gift bags are? I looked at them in Walmart recently, and they wanted $4 for a medium-sized bag. Ummm...no. I usually go to the Dollar Tree, but I like my handmade bag better than the store-bought bags! I couldn't stop at just a gift bag. I had to make a card, too!

I love how this set turned out!! It was super easy, too!

I used the Funky Town paper collection by Papertrey Ink on all three items and tried to keep the basic design the same throughout. 

To make the dry-erase note board, I purchased an inexpensive picture frame from Walmart. For the inside, I used a piece of 8x10 white cardstock and embellished it. The letters were cut out with the MFT By the Letters Dienamics. The loopy bloom is adhered to the outside of the frame with hot glue. 

For the gift bag, I wanted to put "hb2u," but I didn't have any number dies, so I used some Thickers that I've been hoarding since my scrapbooking days. I knew they'd come in handy some day. I think they look better on the gift bag because they're a little bolder. 

For the matching card, I stamped a sentiment from the Wrapped in Joy stamp set by There She Goes





I hope you enjoyed my little gift set!! Thanks for stopping by! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: PTI Funky Town
Stamps: Wrapped in Joy by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments:Benzie Bazzaar Felt, Kaisercraft rhinestones, Thickers
Tools:MFT Loopy Bloom Dienamic, MFT Simply Scallops Border Dienamic, We R Memory Keepers corner chomper
Other: Kraft gift bag (Michael's), picture frame (Walmart)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)