Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #147


Happy Sunday!! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

Hostess
Marilynn

Scripture
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

Challenge
Make a project that follows this PLAN: (at least) 1 circle or oval element, (at least) 2 different papers, and (at least) 1 embellishment.

Sponsor
Doodle Pantry - One random winner will win three images of choice!

I kept my card pretty simple so as to focus on this beautiful quote! I used the seashells quote image by our sponsor, Doodle Pantry. I accented the quote panel with a Cream Viva Pearl Pen. The patterned paper is rather old, but I love the colors...Cosmo Cricket Wanted. I finished it off with a cream ribbon.


Be sure you hop over to the SSIC blog for all the challenge details and to see the beautiful inspiration from the design team! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft and Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Wanted
Stamps: Seashells Quote by Doodle Pantry
Embellishments: cream ribbon, Cream Viva Pearl Pen, foam tape
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities, Scallop Oval Nestabilities

8 comments:

  1. Candace...you amaze me. Each and every creation is a work of art. I love just sitting and looking at your designs. This one is beautiful. I've heard about the Viva Pearl pens, and the look you achieved here is phenomenal. I'll have to purchase one and try it out. They all look so uniform and perfect. Had you not said you used a Viva, I would have thought they were faux pearls. Excellent work. Have a wonderful week in the Son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that saying and the layout and colors of your card are awesome! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Candace! I just love coming to your blog... it's so FRESH and CUTE!! Loving your sentiment on your card today. Hope things are better with your dad and I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Have a blessed week and STAY COOL!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candace! My name is Karen Letchworth, and I'm the Blog Owner of Word Art Wednesday - we're the sister site to Stampin' Sisters in Christ. I just wanted to say hello and tell you how pretty your DT card is. I'd like to invite you to link it up and play along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We're having an awesome double prize week, and would LOVE to have you join us. Hope you can stop by and play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. It's so pretty, as always. What a great quote!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Candace! Love the colors and DP's and the simple layout...well, everything! Those "pearls are perfect! I agree that the quote is so good it deserves to be front and center! Have a really good week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful! I love your papers and pearls! That quote is amazing, too! Have a blessed week-end! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)