Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #148

If you're looking for my Christmas Card Challenges post, please scroll down a bit. 

Hi there! Happy Sunday to you! It is time for a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ

Hostess
Miesje

Scripture
"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." Matthew 5:13

Challenge
Add some sparkle to your card.

Sponsor
Stamps of Life is offering a free stamp set to our winner! 

If you've been following my blog for awhile, then you probably know that this challenge was EASY for me because I LOVE to add sparkle to my card! My new favorite embellishment is the Sparklets by Kaisercraft. I was so happy when I realized that my favorite store, RibbonCarousel.com, sells them! I only bought the clear, but I wish I had them in EVERY color! Of course, I had to add a few of them to my card today for some SPARKLE!

My card uses the What's Cooking A La Mode stamp by MFT Stamps, and it also follows this week's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch #80. This is definitely a Krafty card because I used Kraft paper, Kraft ribbon, and Kraft-colored thread! It sure was fun to color up that sweet image. She reminds me of myself because I love to bake, except she's a LOT skinnier. LOL!! I added some glitter to the sash of her apron for even more sparkle. I used the MFT 1st Place Ribbon Award Dienamics to make a little flag for my sentiment, and the border was cut with the MFT Simply Scallops Border Dienamic and embossed with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder. 


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration from these sweet ladies!! :)

Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden  Jerusha 
Kris Breach Kris
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Fabulous
Stamps: What's Cooking by MFT Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Kaisercraft Clear Sparklets, PTI Kraft ribbon, Stampin' Up Dazzling Details
Tools: MFT 1st Place Ribbon Award Dienamics, MFT Simply Scallops Border Dienamics, Polka Dots embossing folder

11 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love the colours and that sweet stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card for a beautiful devotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace - This card is so very cute!! Love the image ;) And I love the papers you used and the zig zag stitch. I've used that a couple times lately and it looks great. I also like your embossed polka dots. I may need to find me an embossing folder like that! Have a blessed day in our Savior!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace, I love this card! I will have to look up some of that "bling"! It does add some wonderful sparkle! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Candace! Love the bow and the stamp is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet card and that adorable image. What talent you have! The mix of paper patterns is perfect. And those sparklets!!! LOVE. Have a blessed week, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Love all the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Candace, this is gorgeous - I love your beautifully coloured image and the added sparkle!! The Sparklets are a gorgeous touch too! Great take on this weeks challenge Sistah! I hope you are having a wonderful week! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Candace! That image is SO cute and I love your paper choices...they blend perfectly! The bow and dot embossing are great compliments too! Have a blessed week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS Candace! LOVE this image and your coloring! Those little sparkles make me happy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candace this is so cute, love the kraft paper and the crisp edges on the patterned paper. She is whipping up something good to eat in that bowl, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)