Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #150

Hi there! Good morning and Happy Sunday to you!

It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #150!

Hostess
Peggysue

Scripture
"And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom..." 
Matthew 27:51

Challenge
Use torn paper somewhere on your card. Just tear it with your fingers. It must be torn and not cut.

Sponsor
Inspired Stamps is offering a $15 gift certificate to our winner! 

I had SO much fun with this card! When I got this brand new stamp set, Beach Bums by There She Goes, I thought I would do a card with a scene like this. So when I saw that this week's SSIC challenge was to use torn paper, I knew it was perfect for my sand! I used some self-adhesive cork and tore it with my fingers. Tearing it gave it that rough, not-perfect look that is perfect for sand! I sponged the background of my image to make a sky and colored and cut out the palm tree and crab to make a little scene. They are popped up with foam dots. The patterned paper - Snorkel by Como Cricket - is OLD. I dug it way out of the bottom of my patterned paper bin. I stamped the sentiment on a flag and attached it to my scene. The yellow strip of paper was embossed with the Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder for a little texture. I finished my card off with some white cotton twill ribbon and a few rhinestones. 

My card layout is the sketch from this week's There She Goes Challenge #166. It's a great sketch!! Pin it! 



Challenges I Used:
Crazy 4 Challenges #147 - Create a card based on what you like to do on a hot summer's night (go swimming!)
Papercraft Star - inspiration photo
Twisted Tuesday Challenges #16 - include a tree with a ribbon knot or bow

Be sure you check out the cards by these ladies! 


Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden  Jerusha 
Kris Breach Kris
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci


Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Snorkel
Stamps: Beach Bums by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Ice Blue Chalk Ink, Copic markers
Embellishments: twill ribbon, Kaisercraft rhinestones, foam tape, adhesive cork
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, Taylored Expressions Cloud Die, MFT 1st Place Ribbon Award Dienamics, Cuttlebug Polka Dots embossing folder

18 comments:

  1. Hello my lovely! I am loving the cards you have made lately. I have this thing where I am in love with crabs (not the real things, just the cutened up version). And this card is soooo awesome! Makes me smile. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous summer card Candace. Love the little crab and all your bright colours.

    Thanks for joining in the fun with our Summer Fun challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Whimsy Digi DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely summery card, Candace! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the Papercraft Star for the "water" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely bright card, such a fun image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace - This is so extremely cute! What a great card! Love the tree and the happy little crab. The cork makes great sand!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this card Candace. How bright and fun. You did an awesome job of coloring and love the "torn" sand. Clever...very clever. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't this adorable?! Really lovin' that grid background! Yum! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card ... i love the scene you created ... great use of the cork! ... many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable; love the vibrant colors and super cute layout! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesday Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Candace! What an adorable, bright, cheery card! Love the little beach scene...the "sand" is perfect! And that sky...WOW! You sponged that yourself?! Love it! Have a blessed week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful creation, love it all, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun card, Candace! I love it!!! Your coloring is perfect and I love the papers you've paired this image up with! It's so awesome! Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Candace - how adorable is this! You are very clever to think of making the sand with the torn edges - perfect! Always gorgeous details on your cards Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little guy Candace. I love the idea of the torn cork for the sand. Hope you are having a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fun beach card, Candace...love the torn paper for your sand...a very happy card!! Have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect look for the sand! I love the scene you created. This really is a great card. I hope yu are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Candace...OOOH this is just SOOOO darn cute!! I just love, love LOVE it!! Your blog is lookin FAB too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)