Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges #149

Hi there! Good morning and Happy Sunday to you!

It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #149!

Hostess
Michelle

Scripture
"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30

Challenge
Make a clean and simple card.

Sponsor
A Day for Daisies is offering a gift certificate to our winner! 

Up until recently, I have been very afraid of clean and simple cards, but now, I'm starting to embrace the. I love how this one turned out; I think it's the colors I love so much!

This was a great sketch because it allowed me to use up scraps and not have to cut into any whole sheets of paper. That's always good!! I adhered each paper strip to the white cardstock and adhered it to the Kraft base with foam tape. I added a ribbon, and since I was running low on white ribbon, instead of tying a whole bow, I just tied a knot.I stamped a sentiment from the There She Goes Bloom stamp set and accented it with a few pearls.



Okay, that's it for me today! Be sure you check out the cards from these ladies, though! They never fail to create something beautiful!


Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden  Jerusha 
Kris Breach Kris
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Dolled Up
Stamps: Bloom by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls, foam tape
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I feel a CASE coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the playful use of your patterned papers, keeping things simple but oh, so sweet. Great sketch for CAS. Have a blessed week. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candace! Your CAS card is LOVELY! Love those sweet colors and the little sentiment and perfectly placed little pearls! Adorable! I'm gonna copy this one! Praying you have a great week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Isn't it nice to be able to use your favorite paper, just one more time, even though ya only have scraps left of it? :) I love that you used pearls on this, too! Blessings! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)