Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TSG Happy Trails Blog Hop Challenge

Hi there! It's Day Two of sneak peeks for There She Goes Release Week!!



Torico has created another super cute character for us to love, and this adorable little guy is hitting the road! Perfect for your kids leaving for college, the military, or just for moving on to another path, this set, and its coordinating sentiments, will send them off the right way. 


Happy Trails is a 3x4 set that includes a total of 5 stamps and will sell for $7.00.

When I saw the words on the sign, I knew this would be the perfect stamp set to make my friend, Rachel, a card. We have taught together for a few years now, but she recently finished her counseling degree and got a counseling job at a different school. I am so happy for her, but I will miss her! I made this card to wish her the BEST!


I kept the card design simple since I wanted to focus on the sign. I usually don't do clean and simple, so I feel like something is missing! I embossed the background with the Seeing Spots embossing folder and used some dies for the clouds and grass. The clouds were cut out of felt, and I outlined them with some glitter. It's hard to see that in the photo, but they're nice and sparkly for real. I promise. :) I stitched around the edges to finish the card off.  

Would you like to win the new Happy Trails stamp set? Here is what you need to do- visit the Trendsetter’s blogs that are participating in each of the blog hop challenges below and comment on their creations as you go. One of the Trendsetter’s blogs (from each hop day) will be randomly chosen as the ‘it’ blog and a winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments left on that Trendsetter’s Blog Hop Challenge post.

You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning new stamps! The Blog Hop Challenges will be open until 5 PM Eastern Time Saturday, July 28th with the winner being announced during the release party chat.


  Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Spring Rain, Harvest Gold, New Leaf
Stamps: Happy Trails by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Embellishments: Benzie Bazzaar Felt (etsy), Stampin' Up Dazzling Details
Tools: sewing machine, Sweet n Sassy Stamps grass die, MFT Stamps Cloud Trio Dienamics

28 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love all of the fabulous textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sign! Great use of it on this CAS scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fabulous scene you created and the colors, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the texture. Great card.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love those felt clouds and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, that was great even without the little boy. I like....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the different textures on it. I just want to touch it :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute simple card...love the felt clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card, I like the glitter in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. Love the details, sewing, clouds and the signs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candace, this is beautiful! Perfect! I wish I had this when my daughter moved to Buffalo! But it's not too late! I can still make her a card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gorgeous dotted background and the clouds are so perfect. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute card! love the polka dots embossing and the grass

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! The dots in the background are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! A great versatile way to use the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this - what a great use of the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card for your friend. I like the embossed spots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i absolutely love the scene you created! looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great scene. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really great! I love the felt clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. my favorite set of the release, soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this.. love your embossed background! Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)