Friday, August 31, 2012

MFT - I Simply Adore You

Do y’all know what I simply adore? MFT Stamps...especially their Dienamics! I have been wanting to participate in the MFT Stamps Monthly Guest Designer Contest for awhile now. Since I had some “hurricane days” off from school while we rode out Hurricane Isaac, I made several cards in my stamp room to pass the time while we were without power. This was one of them. Oh, I had to do the sewing after the power came back on. ;) That's true stamping right there. LOL!


This is a stamp set that I have had for quite some time, and I am glad I finally got a chance to use this sweet little Pure Innocence Being Cute is What I Do stamp set because she is a cutie-pa-tootie!! I colored her with Copic markers. My card layout is the contest sketch. The papers are from the Simple Stories Fabulous line…one of my favorites! I even paper-pieced her top with coordinating paper. I stamped the sentiment on a little white cardstock that I cut out with the MFT Oval Tab Dienamics. I embellished my card with lots of stitching, a little lace, a few rhinestones, and a felt flower that I made using the MFT Rolled Scallop Flower Dienamics.

I am so happy with how this card turned out! I love when that happens because I don’t always like the cards I make.

If you’d like to play along in the contest, too, you can check out all the details over at the MFT Forum at Split Coast Stampers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Fabulous
Stamps: Pure Innocence Being Cute is What I Do by MFT Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Kaisercraft rhinestones, lace, felt (Benzie Bazaar), Kraft-colored thread, foam dots
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, MFT Oval Tab Dienamics, MFT Rolled Scallop Flower Dienamics

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! What a great job combining those patterned papers-just perfect. Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)