Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #152

Hi there!! It's time for another Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

Hostess
Traci

Scripture
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14: 1-6

Challenge
Create a card that depicts something that says "home" to you.

Sponsor
DRS Designs is offering a $10 gift certificate to one lucky winner! 

I used paper from the Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection for my card. I stamped my image in Memento Tuxedo Black and stamped the shade onto patterned paper. I think it reminds me of a vintage lamp! I cut out  my image with an Oval Nestabilitie and layered it onto a a Labels Four Nestabilitie shape. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the patterned paper. I stitched around my card edges with Kraft-colored thread and finished it off with some pearls and Kraft-colored ribbon. I love Kraft! 


I used these challenges for my card today:
Ribbon Carousel #65 - stitching
Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet - needle and thread inspiration with Kraft paper
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Fab 'n Funky Challenges #133 - use pearls or rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Be sure you check out the cards that the other SSIC ladies have made today! :)


Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden  Jerusha 
Kris Breach Kris
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Victoria Gardens
Stamps: Lighten Up by There She Goes Clear Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Kaisercraft pearls, PTI ribbon, foam dots
Tools: sewing machine, Labels Four Nestabilities, Classic Oval Nestabilities, MFT Dainty Lace Border Dienamics

18 comments:

  1. Hi Candace, just found your blog. Beautiful creations! Love them all! Hope you have a great weekend! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I love the Kraft and the lamp is very vintage looking - perfect! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and sweet card Candace, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a fantastic card for this challenge. Love that lamp. My grandmother had a Tiffany lamp that always intrigued me. Very warm and welcoming. So is your lovely card. Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow fabulous card so beautifully made thanks Candice for joining in with us all over at Crafty Catz hugs sassyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful...love Kraft and the combo of colors and design is perfect!! Wishing you a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The stitching is so pretty, and the colors and patterns go together so well with the kraft paper. Thanks so much for joining us for the challenge at The Kraft Journal! Becky, TKJ Creative Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great elements on this card. I love the lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great elements on this card. I love the lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a lovely card, Candace! Love the warm, vintagey feel of it! Your DP's are wonderful and I especially like the paper-piecing!
    Blessings to you this week!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candace - So sweet! Love that stitching again! And the papers and ribbon are gorgeous! When we first bought our house I had a lamp in the front window. Since it was winter and my hubby worked over an hour from home it was always dark when he got home. He said the light in the window always felt so warm and welcoming to him. I still have the lamo in the window and ALWAYS have a light on in the foyer when someone is still out after dark.
    Have a blessed week,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Candace: This is SO adorable. I mostly love the khaki colored ribbon. I would like to ask you a favor. I head up Word Art Wednesday, the Sister Site to Stampin' Sisters in Christ. If and when you are able, I would really appreciate having you link up with us in our weekly challenges at WAW. Anything you create for SSIC will qualify at WAW and would be such a blessing to us. I try to participate at SSIC Christ ever week as well to help cross-promote and support blogs. Of course, I can't play at my own blog, so I always cross my fingers to win at SSIC and you can do the same with us. I would greatly appreciate your participation and support. You're welcome to link up five times per week and combine with as many other challenges as you like. Your cards are SO darling, and would be so perfect in our challenges. Hope to see you soon, and that you're having a great week filled with God's blessings.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    P.S. My personal blog is www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com if you'd like to follow one another. It would be a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi GORGEOUS card, thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at CRAFTY CATZ, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week with your gorgeous card. I love the colour you have chosen ad that bow sets it off a treat

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeek! Love what you did with that image and your use of paper, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the paper pieced lamp shade! Those papers are gorgeous and your bow is perfect! Hope you're having a great week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful thanks so much for playing along with the Ribbon carousel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely elegant card, I love the paper piecing. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)