Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #154

Hostess
Diane

Scripture
"But now, Oh Lord, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."
Isaiah 64:8

Challenge
Use punches, dies, or shapes of any kind.

Sponsor
Kelly Little is offering a grab bag of stamps!


My card layout today is Freshly Made Sketches #49. I used the New Beginnings stamp set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps for the sentiment and also used the coordinating New Beginning Butterfly Die Set to cut out my butterfly shapes. I embossed the white background with the Polka Dots embossing folder and embossed the black strip with the Seeing Spots embossing folder. I stitched around the edges. I cut out the butterflies with Echo Park Victoria Gardens paper. I added a rhinestone to each one to finish my card off. It's kinda clean and simple, but I really like how this card turned out!

Here is an up-close shot of my butterflies.


Challenges I Used:
Poodles Parlour - winged things
Paper Play Challenges #34 - sentiment as main image

Before I go, I just want to throw a little advertising out there. I just added some new cards to my Etsy shop. I hope you'll check it out!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll check out the rest of today's inspiration from the SSIC design team!

Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden  Jerusha 
Kris Breach Kris
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci


Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI True Black, Sweet Blush, and Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Victoria Gardens
Stamps: New Beginnings by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Kaisercraft rhinestones
Tools: sewing machine, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, Polka Dots embossing folder, Sweet n Sassy Stamps New Beginnings Butterfly Die Set

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Candace - I love those butterflies! The crisp lined of your card is lovely! I hope you have a blessed week Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those adorable butterflies Candace!! Very creative punching them out of designer paper (and a great choice of patterns I might add) *Ü* Loving the dotty embossing too! Have a great day in the Lord. ~Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card as always Candace! I hope you gave a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Candace. I'm very partial to butterflies, but these look exceptionally graceful and dainty on your card. Love the simplicity of it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace - I love this card! Your stitching always catches my eye! (I bought some of that thread and used it for the first time last night!) I also love the sentiment you put on your card. If only we could all remember that...at all times. Have a wonderful week int he Lord!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love those butterflies. The simple layout is perfect and your stitching is divine! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card with the simple design...great sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Candace you card is lovely. Those butterflies are so colorful and that stitching is amazing! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this simple design. Love the stitching and the pretty butterflies! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love your card Candace!! You mentioned that it's "kinda clean & simple", that is my style and my most favorite card! Thanks for playing with us over at The Poodles Parlour!! Good luck!!

    Patty
    hap.scrappy.blogspot.cm

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautifully card! Pinning it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful butterflies! I love the colors and the pretty stitching. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! What a sweet way to display those gorgeous butterflies! I love your polka dot background, too! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card, love the design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lili’s Little Fairies. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. I just love the little butterflies. I especially love the music note one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Candace! Lovely "kinda" CAS card! Your little butterflies are so delicate and pretty! Great layout and sentiment too!
    Blessings!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)