Sunday, August 5, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #151

Hi there! Happy Sunday! Wow, it has been a week since I posted to my blog! The teachers at my school had to go back to work this past week (the students come back this week), so I have been VERY busy getting ready! I am excited about the school year! I have been doing lots of crafty stuff for my classroom, too. I'll share those photos with you when I get everything done. 

It's time for a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ

Hostess
Sandie

Scripture
" ...as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1 Peter 2:2&3

Challenge
Something baby or all pastels

Sponsor
Denami Design is offering a $30 gift certificate to our winner! 


I made a baby card using the Vintage Baby stamp set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps. My card layout is this week's Sweet Stop Sketch #170, but I changed it from a square card to an A2-sized card. I did some stitching and finished my card off with a Cream Viva Pearl Pen and some ribbon.


Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog today! Be sure you check out the cards that these ladies made to share with you! 


Diane Noble
Diane
Helen Phelps
Helen
Jerusha Borden  Jerusha 
Kris Breach Kris
Linda Lucas
Linda
Marilynn DeGroot
Marilynn
Michelle Coon
Michelle
Miesje Flach
Miesje
Peggysue Turner  Peggysue
Sandie Lobbezoo
Sandie
Traci Major
Traci



Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft and Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Baby Steps
Stamps: Vintage Baby by Sweet n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Colorbox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink
Embellishments: Cream Viva Pearl Pen, ribbon, foam tape
Tools: Classic Oval Nestabilities,sewing machine

10 comments:

  1. Candace, I love your card! Love the vintage image, but you've showcased it so beautifully with your choices of color and prints. The polka dots and cute checks are wonderful together. Your embellies enhance the look perfectly. What classy touches! Love everything about your card. The image reminds me of a picture my mother bought for me after the birth of my first son. I've always loved it. So your card brings back very sweet memories. Have a delightful week, and know that I'm praying earnestly for you and a successful, happy start to your school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace - What a sweet card! The image is so charming! I love your sewing....the thread looks a bit thicker than regular thread. Is it? I love the way that looks. Think I'll have to look at Joanns when I stop in this week.
    Have a blessed week. Sounds like its going to be a busy one for you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Candace, and of course your stitching always adds a wonderful personalized touch (What? everything you made with your hands is "personalized" isn't it? LOL) Beautiful color combo too! Many blessings to you this week as you go back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace, your card is so beautiful! I love that image and your pearls and satin bow. But, I'm very partial to the paper! ;) I love your card! Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Love it! I don't have time for the whole hop, but I do have time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! That image is wonderful and I love all the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card looks so calm & peaceful!! I love the look of the pearls, I think I need to buy some of these pens!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace! Lovely card! That vintage image is so precious! Love the dots, checks and stitching...perfect combo! And the cream bow and pearls...perfect accents! Praying for a good week for you as you head back to school!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candace! I am really behind in my commenting but wanted to stop by your blog today and let you know that I think this card is so beautiful. You always inspire me with your cards, but this is especially so sweet. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candace, this is so pretty. I love the way you framed the mom and baby image with the pearls. It really gives it a vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)