Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, SSIC!

This Sunday is SSiC's 3rd Birthday and we invite you to celebrate with us by way of a Birthday Blog Hop!! 

Helen is our lovely challenge hostess.  The challenge is to make a birthday card and is inspired by this Scripture:  John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Please be sure to read Helen's devotional on this Scripture on our challenge blog!

Our challenge sponsor is Verses, who is donating a $15 Gift Card to one random participant in our card challenge (please link your card in our Linky) and as always, we will pick 3 Shining Stars whose cards will be showcased the following Tuesday on our blog!

And now for the Blog Hop!  We will pick 3 random winners who complete the hop and who leave a comment on all our DT's blogs!  Hoppers do not have to make a card and enter our challenge, although we'd love it if they did!  Hoppers could win one of the following:

$20 GC to Daydream Designs,
3 Free digis from The Digi Garden,

and 3 digi sets from Carly's Cuties


Winners from the blog hop will be announced on Tuesday, Sept. 11th along with our challenge winner and Shining Stars.

Here's the birthday card I made for the hop. I dedicate this card to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ!



I used the It's Your Birthday a la carte stamp by Taylored Expressions. I love their little a la carte stamps because they make up quick and easy cards, and since I never seem to have a birthday card on hand when I need it, this stamp is perfect. I used some fun papers from the My Mind's Eye Life of the Party collection. I love the squigglies! I colored my image with Copic markers and added lots of Crystal Stickles to the letters. I love the sparklies, too! :) I stitched around the edges and finished it off with some pretty organza ribbon, a little twine, and another favorite - three Kaisercraft sparklets! LOVE those! 

Challenges I Used:
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #148 - (3 embellies - twine, ribbon, and sparklets; 2 patterned papers; 1 image)
Stampin' with the Dragon - birthday card
Cute Card Thursday #232 - stitching
Crafting for all Seasons #34 - stitching
Divas by Design #50 - celebrate
Crafty Sentiments - Let's Sparkle

That's it for me here! Hop to Diane's blog next. I know she has something beautiful to share with you!  Here's the blog hop order in case you get lost...Happy hoppin'!!
SSiC -- Start Here

Candace- Creatively Candace  - You are here!!




Traci- Major Moments



Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Life of the Party
Stamps: It's Your Birthday a la Carte by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: Kaisercraft Sparklets, Crystal Stickles, ribbon, baker's twine
Tools: Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine, MFT Small Scallop Border Dienamics

31 comments:

  1. Hello Candace - love your Birthday card - the shimmer is perfect! Everything about your card SHOUTS Celebrate! Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiration Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card. Love the colours you have used. Tracy B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and fun card!! Love the colours and the patterned paper!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Love the simplicity of the layout...it really lets the beautiful papers and fun sentiment shine through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candace, this is a beautiful card...so bright and inviting! I love all the sparkly touches as well. Perfect for a celebration. How grateful I am to be celebrating sisterhood with you! You brightened my day with your lovely creation! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace - So cute!! What a great birthday card to have in your stash! I love the bright colors and the glitter! Well done!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty, very sparkly card! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candace! I just realized we used 2 of the same papers in our creations. Yours turned out sooo bright and cheery ~ LOVE IT!! I'm very blessed to have you as a Sister-in-Christ Candace... thank you for being on this team. Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. I love the sparkle on the word "Birthday". Hope you have a wonderful blessed week. I say amen to what Kris said!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card!! I really like all the sparkles on your card! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card -- I really like all the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it so I pinned it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a darling little Birthday card, Candace. Thanks for sharing this, and for being part of SSIC. I enjoy the fellowship of the crafters, and playing along in the weekly chalenges. God is just SO GOOD to have given me so many crafty friends in blogland who inspire me each week. Thanks for all you do for SSIC and to inspire others. Hope you can join us again soon at Word Art Wednesday!
    Blessings to you my sister in Chrsit Jesus,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!!!! Love that pretty ribbon you used on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card. Love the papers that you have used, making this a very versatile birthday card. I also love having the sentiment as the focal point

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. I love the papers you used and the sparkle!! Perfect Birthday card ;) I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a festive card for a birthday. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cheerful, sparkly birthday card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun creative, colorful, glittery card! I love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One always needs some sparkle to celebrate a Birthday...lovely, vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable. I love that squiggle paper! I've never seen it and now I can't live without it. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great papers and perfect coloring to match.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very very beautiful colorful card^_^
    Happy 3rd Birthday to SSIC ^_^
    I made a card for your challenge and I partecipate with love in your blog hop^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a festive birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wat een mooie kleurvolle kaart.
    Gr, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the funnest ,spark list card...love those papers you mixed in, too!! So fun to be on the SSiC team with you!! Wishing you a wonderfully blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun card!! That image is great because it's the image and sentiment all in one!! Beautiful ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm getting a late start on this hop! You are a wonderful first stop! Beautiful creation! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is too cute! I love all the sparkle! That ribbon is awesome, too! Blessings! ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)