Monday, September 3, 2012

TSG Birthday Challenge #1


Hi there! Wow, do I have some FUN for you today!! 


September marks There She Goes’ FOURTH year in business, and to help us celebrate, we are having a month full of FUN!! Starting today, and lasting through Friday, September 7th, we will be hosting one challenge per day. Each day will have a different birthday related theme, and will have a prize for the random winner chosen on Saturday, September 15th one $15 gift card per day!! Each day will have it’s own Inlinkz for you to link your creation to, and then on Friday, we will post an Inlinkz for ANYONE who has created a card for each challenge. The random winner chosen from all that have finished EACH challenge, and added their name to the Inlinkz, will be entered to win our grand prize drawing-a $75 gift card to the There She Goes store!!!!

Today’s challenge is brought to us by Jessica!  She has challenged us to make a card or project using numbers on it, with a birthday theme of COURSE!! Remember to add your creation to the Inlinkz on the TSG Blog for TSGBC01!!

You will have until 8pmEST Friday, September 14th to finish this challenge, and the winner will be announced on Saturday, September 15th at 12amEST!! That gives you over a week to get finished!! If you happen to finish them all, and we hope that you do, you can add your name to the Inlinkz being posted on Saturday, September 8th to be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE!!!!


Want a calendar to help you keep things straight? Well, here you go!!

Here is the card I created for today's challenge.


My dad's birthday is this week, so I thought this would be a perfect time to go ahead and make him a birthday card...ahead of time, for once! My dad flies remote control airplanes. He has a whole room in the house that he calls his "hangar" where he works on his planes; therefore, each time I make him a card, I make sure to include an airplane of some sort. Today I used this adorable airplane paper from the Echo Park Little Boy collection. I love that I made my daddy a card with "little boy" paper. LOL! I used the Numbered Days stamp set from TSG. I love this set! It works for masculine or feminine, young or old, and even birthdays and anniversaries! I colored the numbers with Copic markers and added some Crystal Stickles. This card layout is Sweet Stop Sketch #173, but I turned it and scooted my image panel over some to show off more of the airplanes. I did LOTS of stitching (is stitching masculine?!) and finished my card off with three silver brads. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you'll play along with our TSG birthday challenges!

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: Little Boy by Echo Park
Stamps: Numbered Days by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: silver brads, foam dots, Crystal Stickles, yellow baker's twine
Tools: sewing machine, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

6 comments:

  1. Some fabulous stitching and colorful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I love the glittery numbers & stitching! -Rachel http://creativelyredeemingher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the fun colors on this card Candace. What perfect paper for your dad's b-day. :-) Great stitching (one of my fave ways to embellish) and the glittery numbers look fabulous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the stitching on this card. Yes, I think it is masculine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love the stitching and the echo park paper is perfect! I love about everything they make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your birthday card Candace!! The colors, all the stitching and the cardstock you used. Truly a beautiful card. Thanks for the calendar download too!!

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)