Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #160


Hi there! Happy Sunday! It's time for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge

Hostess
Michelle

Scripture
"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

Challenge
Create a box or use an image that contains a box.

Sponsor
The Digi Garden is offering 5 images of the winner's choice!

I used the Wrapped in Joy set by There She Goes for my card today. The stamps in this set can by used for either birthdays or Christmas, but I chose to go with a birthday card today. I colored my image with Copic markers and accented it with some glitter and Liquid Pearls (which I smudged...oops!). The papers are My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink. Though it is hard to see, I embossed the pink strip of paper with the Seeing Spots embossing folder and added a border with the MFT Simply Scallops Border Die-namics. I used some Kraft-colored thread to stitch around the edges. I used some White Cotton Twill Ribbon from Ribbon Carousel and made a bow with my Bow Easy to finish it off. 



That's it for me today! Be sure you hop over to the SSIC blog to see the other beautiful creations! Have a great day! 

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, X-Press It Blending Card
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink
Stamps: There She Goes Wrapped in Joy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: white twill ribbon, Liquid Pearls, Stampin' Up Dazzling Details, foam dots
Tools: sewing machine, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, Bow Easy, MFT Simply Scallops Border Die-namics, Classic Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities

7 comments:

  1. SO lovely, Candace! Love all those great DP's and your stitching! Great layout and just the right amount of bling!
    Blessings to you today!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace - I love this card! That image is cute and I love how you colored it. Those papers are great too, great sketch! Hope you are having a great Lord's day!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Candace. I love your stitched layers (some of my favorite papers ever!!), and the way you've showcased that cute image. Glitter and liquid pearls are yummy! What a sweet box image. Have a blessed week...hope you are feeling better and better everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace, this is stunning. I love how those liquid pearls look. The sparkle on the bow looks awesome too. I hope you get feeling better. Hugs. Praying for a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the extras you put into this. The different patterned papers and the sewing and the Stickles dots. Great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Candace! Your card is just darling! I love your papers! I do see the embossing on the pink paper and it's wonderful! What a fun birthday card! Have a blessed week! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! I love the pp tiles in the back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)